Upon logging in to the EDQM HelpDesk for the first time (see chapter Login to the HelpDesk portal), the EDQM HelpDesk welcome page will appear.
- if the article was helpful, click on at the bottom to provide feedback to the author and to the other users about its usefulness
- if none of the proposed articles provided the answer to your question, click on create your request in the top left corner and
Also, you can consult your request when already logged on the HelpDesk portal by clicking on the Requests button in the upper right corner and choosing any of the two available predefined searches: My requests or All requests. Furthermore, if you currently have several open requests, you can perform a search (see chapter Search requestsHELPDESK USER MANUAL) in order to find a specific request, then click on it (either on the link to its reference or its summary).
- at the top of the page:
- the reference number of your request (e.g. HELP-438)
- the subject of your request
- the status of your request (see chapter Request status and notifications)
- Don't notify me option, allowing you to switch off the notifications by clicking on it. Use the Get notifications option that replaces it to easily switch the notifications back on
- from the top to the bottom of the page:
- the Activity log, listing information on the change of status, all comments and the time they were made, any uploaded attachments etc. N.B. The activities are recorded chronologically, with the most recent ones at the top of the list
- open your request in one of the following ways:
- use the View request link provided in your e-mail notification(s) to open your request (log in with your credentials if necessary) or
- log in to the HelpDesk portal with your credentials, find the request you wish to update (see chapter Search requestsHELPDESK USER MANUAL) and display the request (see chapter HELPDESK USER MANUAL1377645)
- update the request by adding a comment to it
You can add a comment to your request at any time, regardless of its status (see chapter Request status and notifications).
How to reply to the question made by the EDQM HelpDesk team member?
You can also log on the HelpDesk portal and add a comment to your request.
- Request is created: When you submit a request through the HelpDesk portal, you will receive an e-mail notification confirming its receipt. This e-mail includes the reference number of your request (e.g. HELP-438), the View request link and the Turn off this request's notifications option. Your request will have status, which means that it is currently being examined by the EDQM HelpDesk team member in charge of this type of request.
If you do not receive the e-mail notification, please check your Spam folder. If you do not find the notification there, check if there was a typographical error in the e-mail address you have provided when creating your HelpDesk account.
- Comment is added: When the EDQM HelpDesk team member dealing with your request has added a comment, asking for more information, an e-mail notification is sent to you. Your request will have status. You can provide the answer to the EDQM HelpDesk team member handling your request by simply replying to the e-mail you received. Your response will be automatically added to your request as a comment. Alternatively, you can click on the View request link in the e-mail notification and enter your credentials if necessary to open your request. Then, add your response in the Comment on this request... field and click on Add to submit your reply. Your request will change back to status.
- Request is resolved: When your request is resolved, you will receive an e-mail notification. Your request will have status.
- Request is reopened: When the EDQM HelpDesk team member reopens the request, i.e. when the resolution of your request turns out to be inadequate and/or incomplete, an e-mail notification is sent to you. Your request will again have status.
Go to the upper right corner on any HelpDesk page and click on the Requests button to access all your current and previous requests:
A small number might be displayed next to this link. It indicates how many unresolved requests you have.
The list of all requests you have created that are currently open will be displayed automatically under the My requests search.
You can only view and search for the requests created by you. All other options have been disabled.
In both predefined searches: My requests and All requests, available when clicking on the Requests button, you can perform the following:
- use the filters available in the drop-down lists to search for requests by status (Any status, Open requests or Closed requests), by creator (Created by me) or by request type (Any request type, HelpDesk or the HelpDesk topic(s) you have consulted recently)
- in the Search for requests field, type in a keyword that is contained in the subject line of the request you are searching for and press Enter
Unfortunately, searching through the body of your requests is not possible. Currently, it is only possible to do a search on the subject line of your requests.
In the list, the following properties of the requests are displayed:
- Type: the subtopic under which the request was made
- Reference: the reference number of the request (e.g. HELP-438)
- Summary: the subject line of the request
- Service desk: the HelpDesk
- Status: the status the listed request currently has (Work in progress, Waiting for customer or Resolved; see chapter Request status and notifications)
- Requester: the person who created the request (in this case, you)
Other features available on the HelpDesk portal
View your profile
Go to the upper right corner on any HelpDesk page, click on the profile icon and choose the Profile option: